Call 911 or 205-348-5454
If someone on campus needs emergency medical care, call 911 or
205-348-5454. Typically, a University police officer will be the first emergency official to arrive. In addition to the police, a local ambulance and medically trained personnel from the Tuscaloosa Fire and Rescue Service will respond.
When you call for help, remember:
- The victim must not be moved, except to be removed from
- Someone must stay with the victim until help arrives.
- Give complete directions to the victim’s location.
- Accurately describe what happened.
- Stay on the line until dispatch tells you to hang up.
- Guide emergency officials to the victim.
Stay back and keep others out of the way of emergency officials. Before you leave the scene, check with a police officer to see if further information is needed.