To report a campus emergency, call the University Police at
205-348-5454 or 911.
The Office of University Relations will notify the campus community in the event of an emergency. Depending on the nature of the incident, some or all of the following methods are used:
1. The University of Alabama web site
2. UA Alerts—(telephone, e-mail, and text messaging)
3. University E-mail (Crimson/BamaMail)
5. Indoor Campus PA System
Internal UA emergency alert system deployed in all academic buildings, libraries, and most residence halls
6. Outdoor Warning System
External UA emergency alert sytem that broadcasts tones and voice messages. The system is deployed across campus.
7. Tornado Siren (managed by Tuscaloosa Emergency Management Agency)
8. Buses/Transloc (displays tornado watch/warning information on marquee)
Buses do not operate during a tornado warning.
9. NOAA Weather Radio (Available for purchase at the UA Supply Store)
10. Digital Signage